Floor Not Bounding

AnneSea

I am new to Vectorworks and using 2018. I have built a 2 story model with a basement and cannot get the basement to bound to the main floor slab. I was able to get the upper floor to bound to the main. I chose not to use Stories with this model...will delve into that with the next one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

S model.vwx

Guest Wes Gardner

@AnneSea - are you talking about having the top of the basement walls meet up with the bottom of the first floor walls - in essence closing up the gap?  All I did was increase the basement wall height to 9'-3".  Depending on the level of detail, this might be enough...if not, we have answers 🙂

Additionally, you can close up the gap where the gable end wall meets the roof in your single-story portion - go to AEC > Fit Walls to Objects and tell the program what layer the roof is on

Wes

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.00.17 AM.png

Hi Wes

Yes, that is what I was trying to do. Between the upper floor and the main floor I was able to "close the gap" by inserting a slab. Or should my wall height include the depth of the floor slab?

And thank you for the tip to close the gable. I will give that a try. 

Guest Wes Gardner

@AnneSea - there are a couple of ways to approach the floor system (slab) to wall interface.  You may want to look at the files and associated tutorial material in the pinned post called "No Stories, no problem."  This speaks to using a Layer Bound system where no Stories are needed.  You should also look at the other tutorial "Model Set Up" where a Level Bound system is used.  Both have model files that you can download and have a look at how/why I put the model together...

BTW, I would NOT use the Floor tool, I would use the Slab tool... (the Floor tool is an older tool and, although it has its uses for stuff like countertops, the Slab tool is far superior.

I'm here to help if you need more " 'splainin'" 🙂

Wes