Using the results of functions as criteria for reports

Is there a clever way to use the results of the 'specialized for space' functions =GETSPACENAMEFOROBJECT and =GETSPACENUMFOROBJECT as criteria for a report?

I am trying to list objects within particular spaces and I'm sure I'm thinking about this backwards. 

'type is space' will list the spaces themselves, not the objects within them.

Listing the objects and then sorting by name or number of course works, but I'm trying to narrow down the criteria and not show every single object.

@Remco Teunissen?

554552888_ScreenShot2022-01-17at18_06_34.png.668a92f48764a02377a752501ab5d69d.png

Don't have VW open right now, but if you want to get a database of only objects that are inside of a space perhaps you could use

GetSpaceNameForObject Does Not Equal ''  

The last two there are two single quotes with no space between them. That should only list objects that are associated with some space.

GetSpaceNameForObject Equals 'Your Space Name'

should return only the objects associated with a single space.

I've found the solution and am documenting it for posterity. 

The criteria to select by space name is as simple as 'Location is within'

The challenge is that the space is not identified by the customspacename, but by its internal (?) name as seen at the bottom of the OIP.

Wether renaming these fields manually will permanently break Vectorworks remains to be seen. 

This would be an awesome time to be able to XLookup databases. 

235840916_ScreenShot2022-01-18at18_05_59.png.57de95e0986889f829a4e0ce9bef28ac.png

478890935_ScreenShot2022-01-18at18_05_30.png.b3f0f9ba8956f804761becedfb1418d8.png