Viewport Display

Korsa

Question

Hi Everyone,

This is a basic question - I know as I've asked before and completely forgotten how to fix it. 

See attached the issue with my viewport not displaying content and the Layer Options stuck on Active Layer greyed out, so unable to be modified. I know I need to unlock this somehow but can't remember how. Thanks for your help!

IMG_3999.jpeg

4 answers to this question

Hi Pat,

Thank you for this. I did this from both OIP and Organization see attached. All classes and layers on on both and still see nothing. Like I said I have had this problem before and cannot remember how I resolved it.

A few things:

• I can see NEW viewports if I create them
  • All viewports are on "none" class
  • (Lazily) I imported a few DWG faucet/tap supplier files directly into the drawing and they had viewports and I'm wondering if this somehow modified the properties of the other
  • None of the other drawings I have open are affected
  • It may just be easier to redo the 165 viewports.

Sam

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.47.13 am.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.48.52 am.jpg

The DWG import may have moved the origin of the drawing which could move all the drawing objects outside of the place the viewport is "Looking" for them.

Try editing the Crop and zooming way out.  Can you find your drawing? If so, zoom in and recreate the crop object in the correct place.

This is one of many reasons that the best practice is to never import into an active drawing. Always import into a blank drawing and copy/paste or reference that into the working drawing.

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

Yes that's exactly what happened. I should know better than to import an active DWG. 

I ended up going to the back-up and then copied the layers over and set these back to 0,0. This was easier due to the 149 viewports and only two layers.

Thanks again for your help. 

Sam