VWX 2022 & LW6 could it be they corrupt each other?

mjm

Who has time for this? It appears that in the shuttling of data between virgin LW6 and made-in-2022 plot that data is being corrupted:

Entire (but not every) electrics of lighting devices have suddenly become static accessories. They retain at least some of the fixture data but they're NO LONGER LIGHTS.

There goes a couple hours of work lost and certainly another to rebuild. Any product trust I may have retained has been corrupted by that data loss.

Easy-peasy fix anyone?

I have attached a couple screenshots showing the diff between the backup file from 2 hours ago and from the current file. I suppose it might be best to delete the problem units & copy | paste-in-place the backups from the latest still Lights file, eh? Let me go do that research now.

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 3.47.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 3.47.23 PM.png

10 hours ago, Lightwright said:

What version of Vectorworks? I hope you immediately filed a bug report, including the .vwx file.

If you suspect it's a problem with Lightwright, file a bug report with the .vwx and .lw6 files at lightwright.com.

Vectorworks 2022 SP 2.1

Filed no report, exported back to 2021, re-did all the lost data and pressed on.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'd need to see the file to be sure but from the screenshot to top one "Edit Accessory" is set to" #1 -Light ..." so you are probably editing the accessory in the top screen shot.

In the bottom screen shot "Edit Accessory" is set to "<None> so you are editing the main light.

For the lights you are having issues with make sure the "Edit Accessory" is set to "<None>".

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 7:14 AM, klinzey said:

I'd need to see the file to be sure but from the screenshot to top one "Edit Accessory" is set to" #1 -Light ..." so you are probably editing the accessory in the top screen shot.

In the bottom screen shot "Edit Accessory" is set to "<None> so you are editing the main light.

For the lights you are having issues with make sure the "Edit Accessory" is set to "<None>".

'm back to re-visit this issue. As a test I drew out a plot in 2022, very simple. After an hour of drawing, random electrics start showing the fixtures as static Accessories in the OIP. I just discovered that in the Lighting Device panel(double click the fixture -I never use this tool) the fixture appears to be shown correctly, but incorrectly in the OIP. Please see screenshot for visual clarity. a Naughty Fixture is selected, shown in Lighting Device Panel properly, but over there where I spend most of my time in the OIP we can see it reports the static accessory.

@klinzeyI am not at all sure what youre reffereing to in your comment but I do very much want to. 

OH wait! as a test, I entered a channel # into the LD panel, et voila! there it is in the LD panel. But when I skitter my gaze back to the OIP, I do not see the result of my action. Things like this destroy my working brain and no work gets done.

Help

please

PS; It certainly does not appear to be a LW6 issue

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 7.19.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 7.27.10 PM.png

2022 Static accessory Issue.zip

Edited by mjm
added a clarifying comma