Big Vectorworks file and big FBX file when exporting it

MarinaVB

Question

Hi there,

I'm a new Vectorworks user and I have been using this Forum a lot to get answers to questions/problems I have encountered and I think it's so so useful!

I haven't been able to find a solution for the problem I have at the moment so I'm hoping someone will be able to help. 

I have a 3D model created in Vectorworks that I need to export into a FBX file that has to be less than 128MB.

This 3D is in a file of around 450MB and when it is exported to FBX is 225MB.

I have now tried lots of things I have seen online: different render options when exporting the model, remove classes, purge, etc. But no luck.

I have now deselected the options of "Save viewport cache" and " Save VGM graphics cache", which has made my Vectorworks file much smaller (205MB). That's good news.

But I still have the same problem: when exporting my FBX model, it's still too big.

At this point, I'm not sure what else to do. I have read that the textures in the resource manager could be a problem, but I believe I have remove all textures from my model.

Any help will be really appreciated!

Thank you in advance 🙂 

PD: I have attached the file I'm working with in case anyone wants to check it. Thank you!

Model_Marina.vwx

Edited by MarinaVB
Updating file

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet