Railings

Lynda

Islandmon, They look brilliant!

I'n not familiar with Imageprop - I obviously have a long way to go.

may I ask how your visual was rendered, is it Final quality Renderworks or have you done anything special? Lighting is another thing I;m getting unpredicatble results with. My viewports show a different intensity of colour to the linked image!!!

Lynda

Lynda

Lynda,

Each railing was created with a single extruded polygon and mapped with a railing ImageProp created with Photoshop.

The bollards are a separate symbol set into the railing and can be easily replaced.

The image is a screen capture of a 300dpi VP > Final Quality Render with two directional lites:

a) Set to afternoon Sun @ March 22

b) A complement lite at 30% intensity.

I Print using OSX Colorsync brightness filters to reduce color saturation & save ink.

Each part of the 3D model is created on individual design Layers then composed on the Model layer and presented in a Viewport.

The hardest part was creating that Concrete Tile Roof and getting a realistic texture for it to match the dpi. ( ended up mixing 6 different patterns ). Each of the tiles is modelled in 3d and cut to the correct shapes to fit the various roof planes. Also, the roof is built completely in 3d , framing, plates, ridges, hips, and plywood.

This is part of a complete virtual model from the 3d site >foundation >roof.

It's hard to give a 'time' because I work on multiple projects simultaneously ... it just takes what it takes ; - )

• 1 month later...

Islandmon,

You are certainly one of the VW virtuosos. Regarding your comment, "it takes what it takes"? My wife thinks I spend too much time per project - I'd make better wages at MacDonlds, she says.

But as your handiwork suggests - the clients know what they are getting.

Many Kudos - put some more work online so the rest fo us hoi-poilloi can be inspired!

Thanx for your positive comments & encouragement. For me CAD Programming is similar to playing a musical instrument . I just try to compose the music then play the song in the most efficient manner possible. The specific needs of clients are often my best inspiration. Typically, my reward is the sound of a single hand clapping : )

As for $$$ ... most artist are lucky to break even ( forgetdabout McDonalds ... Subway as "Sandwich Artists" ) . I do it for the passion and sense of fullment of my petty little destiny. Architecture is more like an obsessive/complusive hobby and the projects are my therapy.

Tropical Ocean swimming ... now that's fun !