Worksheet - Sub-total or Group Items

Matt Overton

Question

It would be highly useful if worksheet database rows had an option similar to summaries items but similar to sub-totals in Excel.

Let us call it "Group Items" just for convenience.

This would still create the Summary Rows at each change in the item in that column but would list all the items summarised above or below.

Importantly each Summary row could be referencd by other cells in the spread sheet like you'd created them as group of tightly filtered series of databases on the same worksheet. 

4 answers to this question

I agree with the wish.

But you can kind of do that manually now if you don't have too many groups to deal with.

Most of the Worksheet functions can also be used in Spreadsheet cells by passing a criteria to them. Start with the criteria of the database row and add whatever extra criteria you need to specify the group.

image.png.c4983381cdc84cec5cde25573d22057f.png

The formulas for rows 5 and 6 are:  =AREA((((PON='Space') & ('Space'.'Occ Type'=A5))))

I picked a bad field to use as the sample as it has extra complications due to being a pull down (which was why I used it originally).

• Like 1
On 1/12/2022 at 6:30 AM, Pat Stanford said:

I agree with the wish.

But you can kind of do that manually now if you don't have too many groups to deal with.

Most of the Worksheet functions can also be used in Spreadsheet cells by passing a criteria to them. Start with the criteria of the database row and add whatever extra criteria you need to specify the group.

image.png.c4983381cdc84cec5cde25573d22057f.png

The formulas for rows 5 and 6 are:  =AREA((((PON='Space') & ('Space'.'Occ Type'=A5))))

I picked a bad field to use as the sample as it has extra complications due to being a pull down (which was why I used it originally).

Have ever managed to get a formula that will report Average, Min or Max of objects meeting a criteria?

What I thought would work didn't. 

• Like 1