I need a way to change the wall finish on just a portion of the wall

I've tried researching this to no avail. I have a new outbuilding design, a garage or barn, if you will, that I'm trying to match the house's style. The house is a grand Queen Anne Victorian. I've attached a jpg of the design. Basically, above both garage doors, I want to place a 10" blank band at the start of the gable, and above that I would like have it appear using cedar shingles with rounded bottom edges. Also, these elements should appear in different colors. I just cannot figure out how to make this happen. Anyone else have any ideas?

--

Jay

vvictorian barn.jpg.jpg

Another option is to remove the finish from the Wall object, and model it in 3D.  This is a technique I learned from @Jonathan Pickup in one of his webinars or courses.  You can use the Extract tool to get the plane you need, and then Extrude it to get the siding thickness, and apply textures.  Any modifications would need to be done manually, so you'd want to do this once the design is pretty well defined.