identifying flipped symbols

There is a command Unrotate 3D Objects in the Modify Menu, but that might be closing the door after the horse has bolted...... (and is also only useful on the 3D Symbols.)

The only way that makes it totally obvious is when you go to edit it. If you have Show Other objects while in Edit mode enabled, then when you go to edit a flipped symbol, you will get a alert to tell you if it has been flipped and therefore no geometry will be visible outside of the symbol.

I have a dim memory that there used to be some sort of indication in the Object Information Palette once upon a time, but that may be just wishful thinking. It would certainly be very helpful.

• Like 2

Hi markdd,

23 minutes ago, markdd said:

There is a command Unrotate 3D Objects in the Modify Menu

uups, one of the "hidden treasures"? Never realized that before. But you are right, not realy useful in this contex.

24 minutes ago, markdd said:

The only way that makes it totally obvious is when you go to edit it

Yes, but that's the workflow I wanted to avoid/shorten. I thougt that there must be a simplier way... 😉

25 minutes ago, markdd said:

I have a dim memory that there used to be some sort of indication in the Object Information Palette once upon a time

Yes, I too think that something was there some time ago. A hint in the OIP seems to be only logical.

Just found that in the custom selection criteria is a "modification state", but it's grayed out, don't know if that idea leads to something.

@halfcoupler There isn't a great way since "flipped" or "mirrored" doesn't appear as a custom selection criteria choice.  So I wrote a quick script that will go through all selected objects and build an array to any objects that are seen as "flipped", then deselect everything and reselect anything in that array.  It should do what you are looking for.

PROCEDURE DeselectNotFlipped;

{*	Goes through current object selection and deselects any object not flipped
	Developed by: Jesse Cogswell
	Date: 1/7/2022
	VW Version: 2022
*}

PROCEDURE GetFlipped(h:HANDLE);

{Evaluates given object and deselects object if it is not flipped}

BEGIN
		IF(IsObjectFlipped(h)=FALSE) THEN SetDSelect(h);
	END;

BEGIN
	ForEachObject(GetFlipped,(SEL=TRUE));
END;

Run(DeselectNotFlipped);

If you need any help with getting this set up, please let me know.  If it's a command that you look to use often across many drawings, it would be worth building it as a menu command and saving in your workspace.  Also, the script was built in 2022 but will run in any version from 8.0 on.

Unfortunately there isn't a script command to determine the flip axis that I could find.

• Like 2
  • Love 1