Symbols white shapes appearing

Bharat

Question

20 answers to this question

On 1/7/2022 at 11:00 AM, markdd said:

What version are you working in? Make sure that Unified view is turned on. If it is 22 then this can be accessed from Document preferences or you can enable a button for this in the View bar.

Thanks, I'm working on VW22 Unified is turned on. I'll see if it happens again.

It happened to me again yesterday. The white shapes had something to do with two hybrid symbols I had in the drawing: they were the same size/shape as the symbols in Top/Plan. Closing the file + reopening got rid of them. Not entirely sure what triggered their arrival but will submit bug next time it happens...

On 1/7/2022 at 3:11 AM, Tom W. said:

I never turn off Unified View but I have experienced the phenomenon @Bharat describes. Possibly only since switching to VW2022

I have experienced both random white & black rectangles, never mixed tho. Freaked me out till I realized it's time to restart and go get a cuppa while that takes place.

5 hours ago, Tom W. said:

The white shapes had something to do with two hybrid symbols I had in the drawing

I hadn't thought about it before, but I think I started having the issues after inserting 2D/3D symbols from the VW Library (furniture), Tables & Chairs objects, and Bath-Shower objects.  Hopefully this helps someone at VW troubleshoot this problem. 

21 hours ago, E|FA said:

I hadn't thought about it before, but I think I started having the issues after inserting 2D/3D symbols from the VW Library (furniture), Tables & Chairs objects, and Bath-Shower objects.  Hopefully this helps someone at VW troubleshoot this problem. 

for what it's worth, gonna suggest that hybrid syms seemed to be the locus of my issues as well…

On 1/7/2022 at 9:25 AM, E|FA said:

I am also getting similar behavior occasionally in VW2022.  I have legacy screen view features turned off, so Unified View is not applicable.  I've been quitting and relaunching VW as a temporary solution.  

It might help to submit a bug report. @Bharat, since you already have the screenshots to submit, you could post it here: https://www.vectorworks.net/support/bugsubmit

Gosh this issue is irritating. Productivity stops in order to deal with it even if only by shutting down open files, quitting VWX 22, restarting the app & opening the files.

Informationally, fresh2022 file; all elements made in-file.  o unified view in this legacy-free file.

grrrr

Edited by mjm
11 hours ago, Tom W. said:

I tried to replicate the issue in advance of submitting my own big report (prior to @E|FA doing so) but for the life of me couldn't. I was wondering whether it had been solved with the arrival of SP2.1? Are you SP2 as per your signature @mjm or SP2.1?

@Tom W.2.1. But happened previously on v2 as well.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 9.14.38 AM.png

Now in color, not just black & white!

Is it relieving to know alls I have to do to fix the issue is

stop work

save-all

restart VWX

re-open files

re-remember where was I, etc?

Level of irritation that this apparently necessary series of actions is required multiple times during a work day

(rarely @ the scheduled break times)

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 1.05.34 PM.png

Edited by mjm

Yes I had it yesterday again after an absence of a couple of months. SP3 too. I don't believe I've seen anyone from VW comment on/acknowledge the phenomenon yet. I know @E|FA filed a bug report but since you don't get anything back after doing so you have no idea whether anyone's looked at it or not... 

• Like 1

Still having the issue today and the level of frustration is getting out of control!

Can someone from Vectorworks get back to us with an understanding of the problem instead of sending useless webinar that nobody cares to attend!!!

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 10.18.43.png

Edited by Bharat
  • Like 1