A question about asking question on the forum...

tspilman

Apologies for the 'Inception' level question;

I am new to connectCAD and have a bunch of questions about things I have come across; and I'm struggling to find answers quickly within the online documentation (I have tried - I promise)

I really see these as simple 'how do I' questions, rather than some of the more in-depth topics which warrant a thread of their own.
Is there an accepted approach for asking multiple quick questions? I'm hesitant to flood the forum with multiple threads
(all that can quite probably be answered with one or 2 lines of response.)

Tim

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Tim,

We've already talked, but I'm answering here for others to see. Speaking for the development team, we check in here regularly and try to respond time permitting. This forum is a great way to let us know about features / capabilities that you are missing. And we do implement a lot of the requests.

What this forum is not good at is providing those simple "how to" answers. As you have noticed. Often the answers are in here, it's just that they are buried deep and the search is pretty useless. What I've found with forums is that Google does a way better job of finding stuff if you type in a normal "how do I do this?" question restricting the search to this site.

Needless to say I have already raised this in the company but if you add your voices to a campaign for a How To section this will help a lot.

Conrad

• Like 4