11.5 Elevation Benchmark bug

Whilst changing the position of a viewport that contained elevation benchmarks as annotations the display of the font became corrupted. This was not a minor display hitch that was corrected when I panned or zoomed but corruption of the size display of the font itself. The display fault could be save with the file. I was able to correct the corrupted display by editing the font for Elevation benchmark PIO in the annotation wherein each edited instance returned to its newly specified size. The corruption did not affect the PIO object once it had been converted to a group.

The problem does not affect 11.0.1 but does affect 11.5.0.

In this instance I was able to get around the problem by putting the elevation benchmark on the design layer because I had already rendered bitmaps of the elevations and was noting those. However, that defeats the object of annotating a layer linked elevation with this PIO since it's the only place you can use it if you're designing your project in 3D.

Nick,

Several of us have posted re this problem. I suspect, by now, it's a known bug over at NNA. Here's hoping it'll get fixed in the next update.

I've gone to grouping all my elevation benchmarks in Viewport Annotations. Then, when the font size EXPLODES because I needed to move the Viewport, I can just go inside the benchmark group; select all; make any edit on the OIP and they refresh correctly. Only seems to happen when the viewport gets moved on the sheet.

Good luck,