How to improve Viewport OpenGL Perspective image

Dubman

Question

Using VW2021 & NVIDIA Control Panel Program Settings, see attached 3 images for settings.

The perspective OpenGL viewport view is very jagged, even with the Sheet Layer Raster Rendering DPI set to 144.

I have the viewport Detail Level set to high & OpenGL Options set to high & only Anti-Aliasing & Edges selected.

The design layer actually looks better than the viewport.

So I have reset all the NVIDIA Control Panel settings to the default with no changes and do not see any changes to the design layer & sheet layer quality.

I’m trying to determine if it is just a settings issue or if I need a new graphics card, this one is about 4 years old

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

NVIDIA Control Panel #1.png

NVIDIA Control Panel #2.png

NVIDIA Control Panel #3.png

Wood Scaffold Perspective.pdf

1 answer to this question

As far as I know, the quality of your renders are not determined by your graphics card, or by the settings in the Nvidia control panel. I would recommend you never to change the settings in the Nvidia control panel anyways, because those are usually for gaming or other real-time rendering. The only thing that upgrading your graphics card will do is maybe speed up your renders.

Anti-aliasing will help you a little bit, but the real solution is just to bump up your DPI. I regularly use 300 dpi when rendering OpenGL, and I use 150 DPI as an absolute minimum. The reason it looks better in the design layer is likely because your screen has a higher DPI, or because you're able to zoom into the design layer, whereas, sheet layer viewports render at a fixed dpi.

• Like 4