Generating a window schedule from symbols

TOLYA S

Hi, I have been using Vectorworks for years, but have always manually made my own window/door schedules.  I'd like to know how to generate a window and door schedule from the window/door symbols from Vectorworks.  This seems like it should be easy to do, but I can't find a tutorial anywhere.  Would really appreciate help.  Thanks!

Guest Wes Gardner

@TOLYA S the most straightfroward way involves a couple of steps - first, in the Window dialog, be sure that "Include On Schedule" is checked, give the window an ID - either a letter as you see in the illustration below, or a number... then under TOOLS > Reports > Create Report, choose to create Preformatted Report...scroll down until you find "Window Schedule", click OK and place the schedule on a sheet (if so desired)... Door Schedules work exactly the same...

Enjoy

Wes

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.07.10 AM.png

Guest Wes Gardner

@TOLYA S  I assume you are using parametric windows from the Window Tool...

You may be inadvertently picking up windows that are in your viewports...try UNCHECKING "Viewport Annotations" in the Criteria of the worksheet.

To access -

- double click on the Schedule to access the worksheet

- Under View (of the worksheet), make sure "Database Headers" has a checkmark next to it

- The left-hand column of the worksheet will have a row with a black DIAMOND shape (this is the Database Header Row - in the example, it's #4)

- Right-click on the Diamond and choose "Edit Criteria"

- you should see a screen similar to what I posted - uncheck the appropriate items

- notice the "Objects that meet this criteria" figure - it should change...

If this DOES NOT work, you may have accidentally duplicated windows...

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 9.31.30 AM.png