Hatching and Objects related question

Harold

I got VW approx. a year ago. I have only used it for one competition in my last semester in Arch. school last Spring, and then, after getting a REAL job, I have been forced to keep using AutoCad Desktop. Very sad.

My questions are still very much basic:

* Where can I find the list of all the hatches I have available (I have Architects and RenderWorks)? The only one I can see once inside my drawings, is a diagonal 45 degrees. Nothing else.

*In the same order, where can I find (and upload?) all the landscape elements to insert into a plan/elevations?

I found a series of files through the finder and clicking on them, they open as an additional regular VW file, and the only way i have found to bring trees into my existing drawings has been to copy a tree with a regular "copy-paste" procedure.

I would really appreciate any input!

The hatches are very well hidden! If you open your RESOURCE BROWSER, then go FILES & FOLDERS>ADD A NEW FAVORITES FILE, then browse to the VW 11 folder>Extras Folder>Hatches.mcd and click OPEN all of the available (stock) hatches will be in your RB. Alternately you could just BROWSE A FOLDER to view them without adding a new favorite. HTH's...

You're welcome Harold. And, yes there's a ton-and-a-half of hidden or semi-hidden stuff that comes with the program. When you have time you might want to just browse through every folder/file within the main VW's folder. . Also, make sure to check out the various different workspaces that are available as some may contain tools and/or commands that are new or different from your default workspace. Then you can make your own custom workspace (in the workspace editor) with everything you like, just the way you like it :-)