Drop motors reported as duplicates

PeanutRigs

I'm having an issue in a drawing where I've tossed in a sub-grid to hold my automated hoists above the actual lighting truss. I grabbed the top truss and the lower truss then used the Insert Drop command to attach the two. 

When I right click on a piece of truss and "Select System Objects" then tell Braceworks to calculate the selection, I get the error back that the drop motors are duplicate motors and it doesn't consider the weight that is hanging from those hoists. 

Anyone got an idea what's going on here?

Duplicated Hoists.png

Drop Hoists.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I had a look at your file and the error is because duplicate hoists have been created.

All the drops connecting the upper truss to the lower are doubled up. if you delete the duplicates then it will calculate correctly.

While investigating the issue I noticed that the duplicates are being created by the insert drop command, but only in this file. When I created a new file and tried to recreate the issue I couldn't reproduce it.

Can you tell me the version and build number of Vectorworks that you are running so I can investigate further? (you can find it in the About Vectorworks section of the Help menu)