RW Camera: Quicker way to insert and match current view

Andy Broomell

Question

2 answers to this question

@Andy BroomellThis was so bewildering as a new user.

I clicked the camera tool - went to the settings - clicked 'Match current view" on the menu that comes up - clicked OK... 

Nothing happened.

I tried it various ways until I finally realized I had to find a youtube video on how to use the match "Match Camera" button.

Thats just sad for something so simple.

Steps 2 and 3 are just not intuitive.

A command under View to "Insert Camera at Current View" would be nice - that's where it intuitively should be - right next to create viewport.

Coming from Autodesk MAYA (and being a Production Designer for most of my adult life) it feels more natural to use the camera tool to create and adjust viewports...

I also wish they didn't 'disconnect' after you've created a viewport.

A camera is the easiest and most intuitive way to adjust a scene.

...but that's another wish list item!

• Like 2

I agree. After a couple of days trying to VW models into photos (one-point perspective photos, which are the hardest) I've come to really dislike the ham-handed way this is handled in VW. I also strongly agree that a camera should not disconnect from the viewport. The entire camera system needs a total redo. VW needs to hire someone who knows how it should work. Clearly, they did not do this and it would be nice to find out why the company would release such a poorly thought out system.

MHBrown

• Like 2