Cool new feature in VW 2022 - and a useful tip as to how to utilize it

I have finally taken the time to explore the Renderworks Style feature.

It hides a cool feature, that is really useful:

I can now separate the Renderworks background from the environment reflections.

1280840939_Skrmbillede2021-12-21kl_11_23_14.thumb.png.4c9eb816c0af3c346075a573addfabd9.png

This means that I can now create much more realistic renderings on sheet layers with white and/or transparent backgrounds.

For white backgrounds set the Vectorworks default compression to JPEG - Keep it as the 'default default' for faster renderings and much smaller PDF's

But if you want to export sheet layers with perfect transparent background, change the default compression to PNG.

80218712_Skrmbillede2021-12-21kl_11_32_19.thumb.png.6b71521974cecfb20792701344f967b2.png

Now, if you export a sheet as a PNG image with transparencies, all renderings on that sheet with a 'none' fill will export with perfect background transparency.

I love it.

Edited by Kaare Baekgaard
spelling
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Controlling the background and the reflections is one of the advantages of using rendering styles.  This feature was introduced back in 2016.  The use is really cool. imaging this, your background could be a desert but the reflection on your shiny model could be a snowy mountain. That sort of magic.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Luis M Ruiz said:

Controlling the background and the reflections is one of the advantages of using rendering styles.  This feature was introduced back in 2016.  The use is really cool. imaging this, your background could be a desert but the reflection on your shiny model could be a snowy mountain. That sort of magic.

@Luis M Ruiz

Oh wait now—so if I get you; You have a theater, scene onstage with a set of 8'h x 3' wide mirrors, one upstage center, the others left and right of those & the reflection could be from a picture of the audience as reflection surface? And does that mean the reflection is 360º, or how do you control for that?