How do I install a library?

Bruce Kieffer

Question

11 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

None of the Vectorworks libraries are showing in my Resource Browser.

Could it be that use or show VW Libraries is deactivated in VW preferences ?

Recently there was a user on the german forum who exactly experienced this.

And he swore he would never ever touch that setting.

5 hours ago, zoomer said:

So the Setting was really OFF ?

I doubt that you would switch that off by purpose or at all.

So maybe there is a larger issue with RM ?

5 hours ago, zoomer said:

I assume the default VW Libraries do exist in your VW App Folder

and the the Library Icons on top bar above the folder tree

are activated.

I did switch the premium libraries off. I don''t need them. All of the default libraries are in my Vectorworks app folder, but they don't show in the app, and refreshing does not make them show.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 4.57.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 4.58.48 PM.png

I think I have experienced similar -perhaps especially with materials. A known resource not discoverable in libraries or search. My workaround is to open a file containing said resource - sometimes I remember these things.  The resource becomes available and discoverable during remainder of session, even after the containing file is closed. I chalked it up to my klutziness with the RM. Could it be possible that it’s not my fault for once?!!!

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
Modesty

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I seem to be having the same issue, enabling Vectorworks Libraries didn't help. 

I install libraries from the Package Manager, they correctly show up in the Libraries folder in the app Main folder but don't show up in the resource manager..

I can open the relative file from the libraries folder ad import the object from the file to my file but I'd much rather just select the new object from the tool browser (in this case I'm referring to Light Instruments)

Thanks

On 5/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, Visconte Cobram said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I seem to be having the same issue, enabling Vectorworks Libraries didn't help. 

I install libraries from the Package Manager, they correctly show up in the Libraries folder in the app Main folder but don't show up in the resource manager..

I can open the relative file from the libraries folder ad import the object from the file to my file but I'd much rather just select the new object from the tool browser (in this case I'm referring to Light Instruments)

Thanks

Hey ... did you manage to sort this?? Mine is doing the exact same at the moment!