Vectorworks 2022

Florin

Question

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Florin said:

Hi Jeff,

To answer your question, no. From what I see is still SP2.

But how come this is happening after a week from using it? 

Sorry, it was a bad joke.  Generally, many find it advisable to wait 6 to 9 months prior to upgrading to the new release to avoid running into problems.  Service pack 3 releases are usually the signal that it is safe to upgrade.

• Like 2

There is something fishy going on with 2022 and the graphics engine.  I get whole computer (Mac) lock up and crash panning but have seen this similar phenomena in section and plan viewports.  It seems to go away if you update all the viewports on the sheet or close the file and reopen. Smacks of a memory leak but what do I know. NNA says they are having issues with AMD graphics cards but could be others as well. 

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Florin please feel free to direct message me with any questions or if you can share the file.  It's a little difficult to say from the image but do you only see the issue while zooming/panning or is it visible all of the time?  My guess, if it's visible all of the time, there is a corrupted object like a space object or a polygon; going through the file and hiding objects or layers may help narrow down a problematic object.  If it's only visible while panning and zooming it might be a total object count issue, importing things like the cars may import as a group of lots of little lines instead of just a couple polygons.  The Compose command with a bunch of lines selected should convert them to less polygons and help reduce the total object count.  Let me know if this helps.

• Like 1

@Josh Now that I restarted Vectorworks the file doesn't have the issue anymore (that's not a solution). The issue was only when I was zooming in/out or pan, also the objects used are all 2d and we've been doing this since forever. The file was created in Vectorworks 2020 at the beginning migrated to 2021 without having any issues and now with 2022 the problem appeared. But to be honest I've noticed that all the time when we move to the new release of Vectorworks we have some sort of issues with the software.

If the problem persist will send you the file to check what the issues is.

• Like 2