Archiving "everything" needed

Travis

I'm anxious to archive all the info related to a specific file together. I'm a little unclear about the notes databases.

When a note is chosen from our common database, does it get imported into the file? Or is it only a reference to the database?

The real thrust of my question has to do with archiving: if we had need to pull out an old file, what all should go in the folder to make sure the file would be useable in the future? I know we need to include a copy of all WGR'd stuff, just wondering if we should include the notes databases as well.

On WGR a better idea may be to consider breaking the reference.

One of the options when deleting a reference is to keep all the information in the File.

Althought this is not nessary as Vectorworks keeps a complete copy of the referenced material in the file so that if it can't find a referenced file it can just keep showing the last copy.

On the notes database, i'm not sure on this one, can someone else confirm what happens here?

Also, you may want to export the file > Vectorscript and save the code along with the .mcad file. Embedded within the 'text readable' script are all the 'strings' for the classes, layers, symbols, notes, etc.

Export to Vectorscript is a powerful option and requires some 'attentive' tuning by the development teams to achieve full 'archival' functionality.