Viewport Filling Up With Hatch When Printing to PDF

Having trouble printing 2 sheets of my project. Every time I print to PDF it ends up with a hatch filling up the viewport that completely covers my drawing. I've tried checking for any layers, classes that may be on or out of place. All the other sheets in my project print fine. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

8 minutes ago, michaelk said:

Check the viewport itself.  It's possible (but not necessarily recommended 🙂) to apply a hatch to a viewport.  Which would do what you are describing.

The viewport itself doesn't have a hatch attributed to it. Even if I create a new viewport of the same design layer the hatch persists. Have tried copying the contents of the design layer to a new one and still no luck.

Is the hatch only there when printing? Or is it visible in the sheet layer?  (Are you printing from sheet layers or design layers?)

I can't think a of a way to do that with a design layer override in a viewport, but do you have any of those?

Are you making the PDF from the Publish command or through the OS print command?

It will probably matter what version of VW, what computer, and what OS.

If it's a file you can post here or PM to me privately I'll take a look at it.

• 1 month later...

Since this is only from a single design layer and it occurs even in new viewports, it makes me think that it could be a problem on the design layer instead.

Check the design layer that you don't have some big object covering everything with the hatch applied.

Also, check and make sure that you don't have any objects a long way from the origin of the file. That can cause all sorts of weird graphical issues.  Go to a Design Layer, set Layer Options and Class Options to Show/Snap/Modify others. Select All and View:Zoom:Fit To Objects.  If everything disappears and the zoom percentage in the Tool bar goes to something like 0.0001%, then it is likely you have an object far form the origin in one of the corners of the drawing.  Do a marquee select in each corner to check. If you get anything then either delete it or move it back closer (much closer) to the drawing origin.

HTH