Window Insertion into Walls

EmilyArch

Question

Hello!

I'm sure there's a simple setting that I don't know about. I am placing windows into walls (both window and wall are styles), and finding that the window encompasses a portion of the wall on each side - see attached image. After a great deal of experimentation with the Window Style, including relocating the loci in the 2D Component, I've settled on believing the setting I need to change this function is in the Wall Style, but I'm having a very difficult time finding that setting. I have another wall type that does not behave this way with the same window inserted. I've gone through the tabs on the "Edit Wall Style" dialogue and compared the two wall styles, but cannot find a setting that differs between the wall style that functions as I want and the one that doesn't.

I'd appreciate any guidance the community can provide.

Best,

Emily

image.thumb.png.24cb6b850811f57f8de1a64266d14156.png

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Emily,

These portions of the wall are created as part of the plug-in for Top/Plan view by the interior and exterior "Wall Detail" settings.  Changing the Number of Components to zero (and not using splays) will remove them (and also removes the wrapping components).

BTW:  Vectorworks 2022 introduced Wall Closures that provides a new way to do this that correctly models the geometry in 3D.  While the new system is still green (with some maturing to do), it will eventually replace the "Wall Detail" settings.

• Like 1