quote:

Originally posted by Travis:

R,

Try "stacking" multiple Viewports. The back one might have the model rendered in Renderworks, the front one might be Hidden Line. You can even set Hidden Line to one of the Sketch modes. If you'll place a "sun"light on the referenced layer angled for each of the four sides, with each assigned to its own class, you can turn on the appropriate light for shadows (from the Viewport) on all four elevations. Very slick.

How do you solve the "sun" thing. I want my Model to have shadow but if i want all four elevs AND my sections to have controlled shadows the lighting goes nuts.

On your Composite 3D design layer (where the whole model comes together as Layer Links), place four lights. Rotate them to represent the "sun" shining from each "quadrant" of the drawing. Assign each light its own class: Light-SW; Light-SE; etc.

Then from the Viewport, turn on ONLY the light that gives the appropriate shadows for the elevation you're working on.

I hope brevity didn't overcome clarity. Please repost if you need more explanation.

Thanks, Mike, for your point. I'm pretty sure credit for the multiple light concept needs to go to Katie. . .tho I won't take the time to search for the original post. Also, while we're giving proper credits, Robert gets kudos for suggesting that one might stack Viewports to create better illustrations.

We've run long and hard on both of these recommendations that sprang from inside NNA. Thanks, guys.