Edit Accessory not working

jbelsky

I'm trying to us the Accessory Edit feature in VW2022 on Mac OS12, but there are a whole host of problems. 

-When I try to edit, no accessories are visible.  This is true regardless of whether NONE, ALL or an individual accessory is selected in the drop down.

-Incidentally, the correct names of the accessories don't show up in the drop down, only the name of the parent fixture. That is also what populates to LW

-The parent fixture's device type is set to Static Accessory whenever accessories are added.  

-The only way to see/adjust an accessory is if I go into the EDIT ACCESSORY view, then add it.  However, if I exit and re-enter, it's not visible. 

-Even when accessories are added inside the EDIT ACCESSORY view, there's no way to turn off their label legends.  

-I've tried this with my own symbols, and with freshly downloaded symbols from the Vectorworks library.  

What is going on? 

COMPULSION PLOT.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@jbelsky I looked at your file and it appears that you have customized the OIP of the lighting device and removed several important controls that allow you to access the data of the accessories.

You should revert to the default <Spotlight> parameter set in the Spotlight Preferences or customize your existing parameter set to include the "Edit Cell" and "Edit Accessory" parameter.

Using these 2 pop-up will allow you to edit the data for cells and accessories of the selected lighting device including the assigned label legend.

In your case once you add these fields set "Edit Accessory" to "All" and then set "Label Legend" to "None" to remove the label legend for all accessories attached to the selected lighting device.

I've found the same issue.

Even when being careful to delete all old lighting devices and record formats and start over with 2022 versions of lighting devices:

1.  Lighting devices are defined as static accessories and contain accessories that are duplicates of the lighting device.  So you have to edit the accessories and delete them.

2. Accessories like clamps insist on having a label legend.  Someone on another thread recommended creating a "blank" legend.  That seems to help.  So does deleting the clamp symbol and going w/o clamps.

• Like 2

Klinzey, I have restored the OIP to its default.

Now, if I insert a new instrument and add an accessory, the instrument type of the parent device changes to the accessories information.  And when I try to edit that accessory, I still have nothing showing up.  To be clear, these are freshly imported fixtures and accessories from the VW library.  

Josh (thanks Josh) is correct, if I put this fixture into a blank document and add the accessory, everything seems to work properly.  But it's hugely problematic if I can't work from existing drawings created in past versions.....what does "start from scratch" even mean in this context?  What level of "old drawing" compromises the current file? A theater plan? Lighting positions?  

This is my first light plot since upgrading to v2022 from v2019. Is v2021 functional?