Callout Leader Lines, Text Alignment, and Arrow Styles - What a mess...

Shortnort

Question

It is SOOOOO frustrating trying to add callouts to section viewpors.  I have set up preferences, etc. but for some reason they are ignored each time I add a callout, which means changing line weight, arrow style, etc. each time.

A MAJOR problem is shown in the attached pic.  For some reason I can not get the text to align to the left, though this is supposedly left aligned. When I added the callout, the box went to the left side, though I had pointed to the right. so I changed the box alignment to right and the text shifts all the way to the right.  I can work around this by placing the callout on the other side, but it makes no sense from an annotation standpoint.

Also, as can be seen, the arrow is a dot and not an arrow as set up in preferences...

Strange and frustrating - so much time has been spent on trying to add notes to the section!!!

Any advice is most appreciated.

614152260_VW12-14-2021.jpg.554949ffaa99d3aecd8d21d59760c9b7.jpg

2 answers to this question

On 12/14/2021 at 11:05 AM, Shortnort said:

It is SOOOOO frustrating trying to add callouts to section viewpors.  I have set up preferences, etc. but for some reason they are ignored each time I add a callout, which means changing line weight, arrow style, etc. each time.

A MAJOR problem is shown in the attached pic.  For some reason I can not get the text to align to the left, though this is supposedly left aligned. When I added the callout, the box went to the left side, though I had pointed to the right. so I changed the box alignment to right and the text shifts all the way to the right.  I can work around this by placing the callout on the other side, but it makes no sense from an annotation standpoint.

Also, as can be seen, the arrow is a dot and not an arrow as set up in preferences...

Strange and frustrating - so much time has been spent on trying to add notes to the section!!!

Any advice is most appreciated.

614152260_VW12-14-2021.jpg.554949ffaa99d3aecd8d21d59760c9b7.jpg

I agree, my pet peeve is messy drawings, I have all notes, keynotes, etc. lined up left justified.  drives me crazy, anyone know an easy fix for this?

also, a "CALLOUT STYLE" would help so that it doesn't have to be revised every time and can help drafters do things the right way.

and...does anyone know how to change the "width factor" of text?

• Like 2
On 12/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, LCarm said:

@Wes Gardner  any thoughts on this issue?

I agree, my pet peeve is messy drawings, I have all notes, keynotes, etc. lined up left justified.  drives me crazy, anyone know an easy fix for this?

also, a "CALLOUT STYLE" would help so that it doesn't have to be revised every time and can help drafters do things the right way.

and...does anyone know how to change the "width factor" of text?