Page borders

doberman69

Question

I'm working on Vworks 2022 SP2.

The hardware is a Macbook Pro 15 2017 Monterey V12.0.1 w/ 2.9GHz quad Core I7, 16gb ram, Radeon Pro 560 4 GB.

I created a Titleblock using one of the existing ones out of the box and made some modifications to the layout to match our in house standards. All of this seemed to work OK. The issue is with setting up the page borders I started with a 11x17 page. While in the Sheet layer manager/dialogue I accessed the Page setup of that particular sheet layer. Then I went into Printer setup. Then I created a custom page so that I could control the borders to work with our in house standards again. There's an option to manage custom sizes. In that dialogue you can create a new Custom style where you can adjust the various borders. This is where it all went haywire. The page size is INCREASED if you put in borders. No idea why but that's how it works. Then the Top/Bottom/Left/Right border fields do not correspond to what is shown on the page when you are done setting the various border offsets. You will see this if you study the screenshots I've enclosed. To add to this the Titleblock or sheet border works on completely different offset assumptions. So I literally spent 6 hours just messing with the sheet borders of the page and then trying to get the Titleblock to sit correctly on a page where the settings are backwards. Is there going to be a fix for this?

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 11.14.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 11.14.36 AM.png

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @doberman69,

Are you trying to get your title block border to look like this:

image.png

If yes, then here is what I did:

1) Set the Sheet Size to Fit to Printable Area so that it automatically fits the printable area and updates when you change the page size

2) Set the Border Line Weight to something different than 0 to show the border

3) Select None for Crop Marks to remove the outline

4) I have also deleted the invisible rectangles from your TBB layout, which were messing up the TBB boundary

If this is not what you were trying to do, could you please give me some more details? How do you want your TBB to look like? What do you think is not working as expected?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1