VW 2022 - Object attribute properties not updating when changes are made to the class's properties

SLFY

Question

I have never had this issue in the past. I am wondering if others are having this issue, or if I might have an issue with my template file, or?  ... VW 2022 Build 622317 - windows 10.

I am drawing in 3D. I started with a class that I have had in my template file for years and years. I made two copies of this class to use with the model. I am finding that the objects are showing the original line color and the texture of the original class, despite all objects' attributes and texture being set to "by class". AND despite the fact I had changed that original class's texture before copying it, and I have changed the textures and line colors in those copied classes.

The correct line color and texture for each show up in the organization -> classes window. But, in order to change those properties, I have to change them individually, on each object, taking them away from "by class". 

Thanks for any information. 

Sean

3 answers to this question

I had started this project in VW2021. The file has been upgraded to 2022. I just realized that objects that were created in 2021 did not have this problem n 2021 and do not have the problem in 2022. I can change the class properties and the objects will update accordingly. 

Thanks again for any info. 

Sean

Starting to think I really have a corruption issue of some sort?  Here are two rendered images..."Shaded" (formally OpenGL, I believe), is the one that shows the texture, the "Final Quality Renderworks" setting that was giving me nice renderings in this file in version 2021, is now giving me the solid color rendering of the second screen shot.2081827770_Screenshot2021-12-14085625.thumb.jpg.5a1e6219d8fc40639c312ebe4241dd46.jpg 1922482782_Screenshot2021-12-14085742.thumb.jpg.2cb20ef9366945ea45adfbbef456ca83.jpg

Starting to think I really have a corruption issue of some sort?  Here are two rendered images..."Shaded" (formally OpenGL, I believe), is the one that shows the texture, the "Final Quality Renderworks" setting that was giving me nice renderings in this file in version 2021, is now giving me the solid color rendering of the second screen shot.2081827770_Screenshot2021-12-14085625.thumb.jpg.5a1e6219d8fc40639c312ebe4241dd46.jpg 1922482782_Screenshot2021-12-14085742.thumb.jpg.2cb20ef9366945ea45adfbbef456ca83.jpg

Another update...more information in case it helps determine if it is a VW issue or just my file. 

I eventually decided to export the file back to VW2021...most of the rendering issues were resolved in 2021. Interestingly, the texture shows rotated 90° in 2021 vs 2022. In addition I had to go into the texture properties of each object and hit "reset to default" then was able to get the simple "perimeter" texture to render correctly. 

But there were other oddities that carried over in the file...the line color for those duplicated class's still would not update in VW2021. The only classes with this issue were those classes created in VW2022. 

In addition, there were some modeled objects that would go invisible in viewports in hidden line rendering. I eventually found that if I "edited" those objects, basically went back through their creation history without making changes. Once going through that process they act normally. 

I hope I am done with this file. But it would be good to know if this is something that will occur again in the future. 

Thanks, 

Sean