Viewport background

Hi All,

In a simple plan in my design layer I have large areas that have no fill, but when I create a viewport these areas become white and are effectively filled. Can this be changed so that when I create a viewport I can place an image behind shapes e.g. the 2D beige paving? Not sure if it involves layers etc. Images below.

Thanks for any help!

186806800_Screenshot2021-12-10at19_00_53.thumb.png.27cfba25e4cae52c0fd4378a15a7f856.png

56465979_Screenshot2021-12-10at19_08_00.thumb.png.3ca2aac6829df93133da24c9dca40aec.png

Edited by Devonshire
added image

If everything is 2d, colors should show in the VP

Several things to explore:

The VP should be rendered in a mode that will show 2d colors, eg Wire Frame or Shade (with colors enabled) or several Renderworks options. This view might be rendered in Hidden Line? 

The VP might be in Black and White Only mode which would affect the 2d component of a Material. Switch this on/off via OIP Advanced Settings (button near bottom of the OIP).

A VP can have color fill if rendered in Wire Frame.  To test, select the VP and check the fill status in attribute palette.  If transparent background is desired, set the VP fill to None. VPs can be stacked, eg duplicates of a VP or other VPs or other objects drawn on the sheet can be seen through transparent areas.  Use the Send Front/Back commands to move objects up or down in the stack.

Looks like the VP is cropped to hide the walls at edge. If desired edit to enlarge the crop object - right click the VP, choose Edit Crop. 

hth

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
More thoughts.