Keynote support

Flair-Studio

Question

4 answers to this question

The legend is listing all the keynotes that have been assigned to it. To remove a keynote from a legend you need to find the keynote and either delete it, assign it to anther legend, or turn it into a normal callout.

If the keynotes have duplicate copies assigned to the same legend then you need to find all the duplicates.

• Like 2

Hi Boh,

Thanks for coming back and the useful advice!

With the legend being placed in the design layer and with mutlple keyhnotes spread across several sheet layers this wasn't very intuitive but it is the only way to do it. At least there is a single legend with consistent numbers throughout the sheet layers.

• Like 2

Hey Boh,

Sorry further question: if you start building up a good number of keynotes and then want to make changes, what is best practice to do so? If you start editing the single keynote instances they start duplicating as the existing remains while the changes result in a new keynote. This can be a bit messy since it is not possible to edit the key note legend. 

I started putting together a database but for now it is limited to the general notes and not yet to the single drawings, possibly with databases there is more control on the content?

Many thanks,

Federico

Hey Federico.

48 minutes ago, Flair-Studio said:

If you start editing the single keynote instances they start duplicating as the existing remains while the changes result in a new keynote. This can be a bit messy since it is not possible to edit the key note legend. 

You can edit the notes via the keynote legend. Double click on a keynote legend and there is an option to edit the notes. This will edit all duplicates instances of the same note linked to that legend.

Also, in vw 2021 and vw2022 the notes manager has been developed a bit so that when you edit a keynote callout vw should ask you if you want to update all instances of the same note as well asking you if you want to update the note in the database it is linked to. The notes need to be linked to a database for this to work.

50 minutes ago, Flair-Studio said:

I started putting together a database but for now it is limited to the general notes and not yet to the single drawings, possibly with databases there is more control on the content?

I'm not sure what best practice is here. I have a "Master Notes" database from which I take a lot of notes from but then usually edit the notes to suit the project I'm working on and then add the notes to a project specific notes database. That way as I go around and annotate my drawing I can quickly add the revised notes to the drawings. I make sure all keynotes are linked to the database so that if I update one, all of the duplicates will update with it.

• Like 1