Why is symbol making hole in wall?

Christiaan

Question

9 answers to this question

That is really weird. It is cutting a hole in the Wall despite there being no Wall Hole Component. I guess you want the symbol set to Insert in Wall so that when you move the wall the light moves with it but nevertheless it shouldn't clip a hole in it! Have you noticed the same thing with other insert-in-wall-but-without-wall-hole-component symbols? My light etc symbols I tend to just plant on the wall rather than insert in them so this isn't something I would have come up against... But there was another thread describing wall hole weirdness - ah just been posted...

My understanding is that if a symbol attaches itself as part of a wall (ie, the wall highlights and the symbol becomes a Symbol in Wall then the wall will break around the symbol as you can see above. The addition of a Wall hole component allows the Wall to behave differently with the symbol and just wrap around the Wall hole component geometry and ignore the geometry of the main part of the symbol completely.

• Like 1