Another Simple Feature That Never Gets Improved

KenAB94662

Please tell me that newer versions of Vectorworks beyond my v2020 have this window problem perfectly fixed. I've suffered basic problems like this for so many versions since MiniCAD, yet I only see new versions with fancy stuff that I don't need. Definitely won't pay hundreds of dollars for irrelevant upgrades.

The wall cut should be radially aligned with center point of curved wall, no? This looks stupid. What parameters do I have to adjust?

1629530229_2021-12-09radiusedwdw.thumb.jpg.1b039d5b5a3ccfef7a2da3e17e0a5672.jpg

Edited by KenAB94662
  • Like 1

The bad news is that the native window tool doesn't yet support curved glass.

The good news is that you can use your current version (and many versions previous to that) to create a window with a hybrid symbol to achieve what you want.

There's also a third party window tool that will allow you to use this hybrid symbol to incorporate it into a window plugin object: WinDoor. And the good news is that Vectorworks just purchased this tool and integrated into Vectorworks 2022 for free.

See embedded video below for instructions to create a curved window hybrid symbol + optionally incorporating this into a WinDoor object. 

Edited by Christiaan
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, Christiaan said:

The bad news is that the native window tool doesn't yet support curved glass.

The good news is that you can use your current version (and many versions previous to that) to create a window with a hybrid symbol to achieve what you want.

There's also a third party window tool that will allow you to use this hybrid symbol to incorporate it into a window plugin object: WinDoor. And the good news is that Vectorworks just purchased this tool and integrated into Vectorworks 2022 for free.

Thank you for mentioning that last part. It may just bring me back into upgrading.

Now, hopefully without veering off into any debate on the virtues of design or construction, what about windows with flat glass? Let's say it's existing condition and need to portray accurately. Can the newly integrated WinDoor do at least proper wall cuts?