Stair Upper Floor Graphics Issue

E|FA

Question

The arrow head on the upper floor 2D graphic "down arrow" is showing a different marker than the lower floor's "up arrow".  The lower floor marker is the correct graphic.  Is this a bug or user error?  In case it matters, I am not using Stories.

VW Architect 2022 SP2

258514027_VW2DStairGraphic.thumb.jpg.7e21dd5f0c7e89bc417327b64092cea2.jpg

5 answers to this question

I guess my question was unclear.  The arrows are pointing the way I would like.  The difference is the arrowhead marker.  On the Cut Graphic (top image), it is a "V", which is what I want.  On the Top Graphic (bottom image) it is a white filled triangle, which is what I don't want.  How do I change the triangle to a V?  Bug or User Error?

No your question was clear, I only looked at your image😅 But to change the arrow you should check the Graphic Attributes. When I change the arrow both arrows change for me using VW 2022 SP1. Can't check sp2 right now, not released yet for my language. So perhaps a bug for sp2?

image.png.5654f9409081d3b496fedfef9d2870e9.png

Edited by MarcelP102

Thanks.  That wasn't it.  However, when I switched the "Display Stair:" dropdown to a different setting and back, the arrow marker changed to the expected behavior.  Seems like a bug.  In general, I'm seeing unexpected behavior in the Stair 2D Graphic Settings controls.  For instance, the "Break Line Separation:" setting doesn't always stick.  I enter 1/8" and it reverts to 1.  If I try it a few time it eventually works.

The problem I have now is that the "Text control point" (https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2022/eng/VW2022_Guide/Stairs/Stair_settings_2D_Graphics_tab.htm#h) for the upper floor 2D "Top Graphic" is missing, so I can't move the "DOWN" text to my preferred location at the start of the stair run:

1400343361_ScreenShot2021-12-10at9_13_10AM.jpg.b537bc114de13bde584cbff420066923.jpg

I submitted a bug report linking to this thread.

Edited by E|FA
Bug report submitted
  • Like 1