Label Legend Fields are Duplicating

lightsarecool

Question

When creating a label legend, the fields all appear to be duplicating. It looks like this:

image.png.34205a934e00e0bd4be6272541d7d564.png

However, in the 2D Layout Editor, it looks normal:

image.png.18aff3b54b01f398047d3a5674ec4cf6.png

I opened up another plot and in that plot, I'm able to see the legends normally which leads me to believe there's an issue with this specific file, but I've spent a couple hours poking around now and I can't figure out what the issue is. I've purged Record and Special record formats, purged all my instrument symbols, deleted all of the label legends and created new ones, restarted Vectorworks and the computer, but the issue remains. 

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I'm seeing this, too.  I haven't had time to chase it down entirely, but this is what I think is going on.

Select a fixture.  Right click > Edit or in the OIP click the edit button.

In the Lighting Device dialog box the left column will have a list of accessories.  On mine, I see that the C Clamp is attached as an accessory.  

In the left column click on the the symbol name for the C Clamp (for me it's Accessory Index is 1).  In the Properties Tab look at the Use Legend Field.  I've been finding that the C Clamp is using the same legend as the fixture, so the Label Legend is doubling up.

Set that to None and it should go away.

I've found on a couple of recent drawings that it kept wanting to come back - so in my haste to get the drawing out the door I just deleted the C Clamp symbol completely from the Resource Manager.

I bet we are about to learn that there is a better way to handle this :-).  But I think that's what's causing the problem you're having.

• Like 2

This did the trick. Thank you so much! 

I too ran into that same problem with the C-Clamp reverting to the fixture legend each time. I ended up making an empty legend for it and that seems to have stuck but I think you're right that deleting the symbol is the better option. On further inspection, before deleting the C-Clamp symbol, the Device Type for a light symbol was defaulting to "Static Accessory" and after deleting the C-Clamp, lighting symbols returned to having a Device Type of "Light".

• Like 1