sockets not connecting AND text still disappears in devices when editing

cessnaflyer

I think I have a bug. When working on a schematic drawing, sometimes the sockets will just stop connecting and working as it should. Sometimes I can't start a circuit, and sometimes it won't let me select a destination.  I'm finding my self having to reboot the software multiple times during the day. This is getting really frustrating between this and disappearing text that has never been fixed after complaining about this problem for almost a year of problems. I do not have time to be rebooting the software multiple times in one day. And also don't have time to be zooming in and out and exiting devices just to read what I labeled a socket. 

Any assistance to fix these problems permanently would be greatly appreciated. I like VW, but I really need these problems fixed. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @cessnaflyer,

Do you have a file that can show this socket not connecting issue? I have not heard of this before and having more information would help in finding out what is causing this issue for you. A screen recording showing the issue would be of help too.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 4 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@pcoleman @cessnaflyer and everyone generally - if you are having a problem you can always call Tech Support and they will guide you through diagnosing it. By all means feel free to report problems here too. But, we can get to a solution a lot quicker if you supply some basic information:

1. What's the problem.
  2. What you were doing when the problem happened
  3. What you were expecting to happen
  4. What actually happened
  5. Screen recordings / screen shots are useful
  6. A sample file and steps to reproduce the problem are great
  7. Information about your system Mac / Win, Vectorworks version etc.

Being able to reproduce the problem is key to resolving it.

Best

Conrad

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have had intermittent similar problems, it is not tied to a file for instance, it just happens.

One thing I have noticed is that in one occurrence, can't say this for all occurrences, but in one occurrence i was in multi-connect and going to single connect mode made a difference.  That being said the problems of the OP still exist for me as well, but wanted to share this just in case it helped anyone else save them from restarting the software on occasion.