Existing tree tool - custom 2D component Symbols

Had the same issue the other day. I wanted an X over trees to be removed. I found that after using the existing tree tool, a folder appeared in the Resource manger called ET symbols. So I modifier the symbol for trees to be removed there. My only issue was that the radius that I set for the tree takes the X into account so the circle is actually somewhat smaller.

943563532_Skrmavbild2021-12-08kl_18_17_13.thumb.png.92066a6d8926a40453ce6c7992ff6ddd.png

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, hollister design Studio said:

Thanks @Tom W. 

A couple of clarifications

• I'm assuming that these should be shapes converted to actual "2D symbol" objects?
  • Is there a required naming convention for the symbols? or does VW just find all the symbols in the file and allow access to them.
  • One file for each symbol or can they all be lumped together in one file?

Yes you need to create 2D symbols.

No naming convention needed + I believe you can either have all the symbols in one file or spread them over several files: as far as I'm aware all VW does is look for 2D symbols held within the 'Existing Tree' folder. This is the same with other Tools + their user folders too. Door leaves, door hardware, slab drainage symbols, etc

• Like 3