Signal types partially saved in 2022

Hi everyone,

My company has 3 CC users on different offices, each user has a Windows workstation and a Mac laptop.

We're having 100% of our workflow stored on dropbox pro.

Each instance of CC has the "workgroup and project folder" on a common dropbox location //dropbox/vectorworks/group

Each instance of CC has the "user data an preference folder" on a dedicated dropbox location //dropbox/vectorworks/user-myname, that way my laptop and desktop share a common folder.

I'm very enthusiast with the new ConnectCAD settings/Signals menu although I have a trouble getting this working properly, here is what I did:

1) I add signal 2 types and I edit their default settings (name, prefix, description...) as well as class settings (pen color, line type and weight...). See below.

1335066394_signaltypes1copy.thumb.png.73aa12f3746f9ea77fdeccd7f20f8a04.png

2) when I create a new drawing on the same workstation the signal types appear properly but class settings are gone. This happens both locally on the workstation where I created the signals and on the laptop targeting the common user folder. See below.

895283011_signaltypes2copy.thumb.png.f70b96b5d3d387510bd27dad5987bbd7.png

3) Another minor thing which is bugging me: why are the two signals that I just added inserted in the middle of the "ANALOG VIDEO" group in between COMPOSITE and COMPONENT, see screenshots below 

xxx.thumb.png.116a8fede8cbfad14aa230c3fc22562b.png

I may be doing something wrong, any advice ?

Thanks

Edited by Olivier Moser
error in screenshot
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Olivier Moser

Regarding point 2, the class settings are the classes in your current document. So the best way to go is to set these up the way you want and Save as Template to create a template file set up the way you like.

Regard point 3) could you PM me the SignalTypes.txt file you are using so we can analyse it? This may be because of DropBox sync but I can't be 100% sure.

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Olivier Moser

On 12/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, Olivier Moser said:

Having two set of parameters (signal types and class parameters) displayed in a single window but stored in two different locations was a bit counterintuitive at first

Classes are the Vectorworks way of color-coding objects so we don't want to reinvent that - but it would be a bit crazy to have separate locations to define a signal and then define its class attributes. But point taken, I'll see if there's a way to make this visually more obvious.

Thanks

Conrad