Adding Scale Bar to a Drawing Label

Matt Strong

Question

I'd like to be able to add a scale bar to my drawing labels... even if that means I need to make several different drawing labels for different scales. Is it possible to do this? What I've tried makes the title bar show up super small and I can't constrain it to distances from other objects or the edge of the Drawing Label.

7 answers to this question

@Tamsin SlatterRight, but what I'd like to do is put the scale bar within the drawing label so I don't have to set up the scale bar manually for each scale. So I'd like to be able to just drop in a Drawing Label to a regular viewport or select a drawing label for my section viewport and not have to then go back into the annotation layer to add the scale bar manually. If the scale bar just lived in my drawing label, it would make that one step.

• Like 2

Drawing Labels are based on 1:1 Page Scale Symbols.

You can edit Drawing Label Layout and manually draw a scale bar to match the scale of the VP.

You could create a series of these for each VP scale or control the visibility of several scale bars by Class.

Edited by bcd
  • Like 1