Issues between Resilio and Vectorworks

Dear hive mind,

We have started to use Resilio as our go to sync and sharing tool. We like it because it gives us more security than a cloud host. I don't want to dive too deep in that direction. My problem is more ragrding the technical side of working. When working with a .vwx file Vectoworks generates a lock-file, that prevents others from opening it. It will open only as seperate new file. On our office server it works fine, but not so with Resilio. The lock files are gettign synced, but they have no effect. I asked the Resilio support and they told me that it might be a problem with Vectoworks. Vectoworks Inc. is specifically mentioning Resilio as a "cloud" solution, that is supported. Hope someone can enlighten me, what the issue is.

Regards,

Elepp

We use Resilio and I haven't come across this issue, but that might be because we exclusively use project file sharing.

So the problem might be to do with a peculiarity of Resilio, which is that it doesn't delete temporary files. Each user has to delete these files manually.

For live projects I'd recommend using project sharing.

• Like 1