Plant Tag settings independent of Plant style

Laura Stone

Question

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Laura,

The plant tag has been included in the style after requests from many of our users. It also a part of making the plant styles work more like the other styles in Vectorworks. I understand that this new setup doesn’t suit everyone, and I would wholeheartedly recommend using the data tag instead if you find the new settings incompatible with your workflow.

The data tag is super flexible, you can change the look and the content and you have much more control of the placing of the tags. 
I was very doubtful to the data tag at the beginning, thinking that ‘I already have a tag in the plant tool’, but I had to eat my hat after using it for a while. 
The biggest advantage is that you can place the tags in the viewport (where all annotations belong) instead of in the design layer. 
You can also align the tags much easier working with the data tag. 
I’ll post a link to a short recording of a good workflow a bit later today. If you still have any questions after that, let me know and we can set up a Zoom to go through it.