Failed Activation over the internet

Sacres

Question

Hi I have recently downloaded Vectorworks 2022, but am having issues with activating it online. And receive the notification  "An attempt to activate over the internet has failed because of communication problems. Do you want to try again? Make sure you have unrestricted internet access and that you are connected."  "Try Again" or "Quit." 

I have turned off my fire wall, am using WIFI and it still wont let me activate. I am in desperate need to get this up an running ASAP as I need to complete a project. 

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Sacres said:

Hi I have recently downloaded Vectorworks 2022, but am having issues with activating it online. And receive the notification  "An attempt to activate over the internet has failed because of communication problems. Do you want to try again? Make sure you have unrestricted internet access and that you are connected."  "Try Again" or "Quit." 

I have turned off my fire wall, am using WIFI and it still wont let me activate. I am in desperate need to get this up an running ASAP as I need to complete a project. 

Thanks

You may want to contact your local distributor's phone support to obtain an offline activation code if possible, in case the issue hasn't been resolved yet. It could also be that there is a connection issue (e.g. too much latency/slow connection) or the activation server having issues.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:54 AM, Sacres said:

Thanks

Same issue with my new activation

10 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

I think I saw someone tracked this down to the new "hidden ip" feature in Mac OS 12 (Monterey). I can't remember the name of the OS feature right now.  If you are running that version, try turning it off to be able to active and then turn it back on.

Unfortunately I'm running Windows 11. Any other tips or ideas to get me going? Cheers!