Nurbs v 3d polys which is most efficient

Lynda

I am re modelling land using existing and proposed DTMs. I have contours originally created from 3d polys. I also have other site modifiers, pads, massing models and fences etc.

To create a lake I created new contour levels using 3d polys in 'layer cake' fashion on Site DTM Modifier class.

I have also created a berm or mound in the same way.

Is this the most efficient method or would I have been better to have created a nurbs surface, reshaped it and then converted to 3D polys?

My file is now getting quite big so I'm keen to reduce the size if possible. The cut and fiull claculations also need to be accurate.

I am not so sure about creating a nurbs surface (even though it does sound interesting), but I have been experimenting with using the "stake object" tool - set to "site object modifier" as a method to grade elements like berms, storm retention ponds, multi-sloping parking lots, etc. So far, it seems to me to be the best method for creating more detailed grading plans.

[ 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: tvetter ]