T truss doens't go vertical

tumtum

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What version of Spotlight are you using?

if you are using 2021 please specify the truss symbols being used and the the build number of Spotlight (found in the help menu in the about submenu). 

If you are using 2022 it is most likely the magnets in the truss corner are not correctly set up. There is an issue with some of our default truss libraries and the new magnets, that the content team are in the process of fixing. As soon as they are done the libraries will be updated.

Until the default libraries are fixed you can edit the magnets yourself,

In the resource manager right click on the corner symbol and select edit 3D Component in the context menu

next group select the truss magnets (you may need to turn on the Rigging-Truss-Magnet class if they are not visible)

and in the OIP change the 'Allow Extra Roll Angle' drop-down to 90°, 180°, 270°.

exit the edit symbol interface and save the edited truss symbol into your user or workgroup folder so you can use in future projects

Let me know if this fixes the issue, if not I'll need the same info as above so that I can follow up and create a bug report.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@raoulsI've just spoken with the content team and at this point the majority of the default libraries are having issues with the magnet configuration. They are working to fix the libraries (all the service select libraries are already done) but it will take time, as there are around 5500 symbols to go through. The plan is to release fixed libraries with each service pack update. 

At this point the work around of editing the magnets in the library symbols is the only fix I am aware of. The only good thing about this workaround is that it only needs to be done once for each symbol, as the edited symbol can be saved for future use.