Door graphic indication horizontal section view

Jorien

Question

Hi, strange thing happening: 

In my 2D plan/ top view I see the graphic indication of the door openings.

In my presentation layer floorplan (horizontal section view) they are not visible. They do show up in the presentation layer when I move the section above the top of the doors. 
(As if the graphic indication is shown on the top of the door, instead of on the bottom of the floor.)

What to do? 

4 answers to this question

Hi, see attached. To the left the groundfloor, with only 2 doors indicating the swing of the doors. The first floor to the right though shows the other swinging doors. The barn doors do not show at all. 
I think I tried everything: changed graphic options in the settings of the doors, tried all options in the settings on the presentation layer with cutting height, visibility of items below, etc. On the design layer all swings do show, see last attached file. 

Also I am struggling with showing hatches for the doors instead of color, see detailed screenshot. the door to the toilet shows only an outline, other doors show wood or steel, but not the hatches as indicated in the graphic setting. On the design layer the doors show differently...see last attached file.

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 07.51.21.png

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 07.55.50.png

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 07.57.18.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like you need to set the Top/Plan Component in the Plug-in Object Options for the doors to “Top (and Bottom) Cut”.  If the door is styled, right-click on the style in the resource manager and choose the Plug-in Object Style Options context menu commend to get to find the option.  If it’s not styled right-click on the instance and choose the Plug-in Object Options command.  After you set them and update the viewport, they should show correctly.

Regarding the hatches:  I’m not sure what you mean without seeing the Vectorworks file, but the issues with the doors may correct themselves when you change their Top/Plan component as described above.  If you attach or (or send me privately) a Vectorworks file showing any remaining issues, I could take a look at it.