Where did 'advanced Plant Preferences' go in 2022?

I would like to adjust the global Plant Tool settings.

The primary reason I'm looking for this is my 2022 plant tool is defaulting on "custom spread" and "custom height" and I would rather it use the plant style numbers (I've highlighted this below).

• In 2021 when I click on the 'Plant Tool Preferences' button in the tool bar I get the "Advanced Plant Preferences' menu with global 'Plant Tool' options. There is also a button on the bottom left "Edit Plant Style" that open the active plant objects specific 'Plant Style' menu. 

• In 2022 when I click on the 'Plant tool Preferences' button I get the 'Plant Preferences' menu - this menu adjust the active plant objects plant style preferences and doesn't seem to directly affect the plant tool globally.  And it doesn't have an option for 'use Plant Style' for any of the size/spacing options.

Comparison screen grab:

884431955_advancedplantpreferences.thumb.jpg.fb51d796338c8881b298ba8dde2822d8.jpg

As a new user I did find it confusing that clicking on the 'Plant Tool Preferences' button did not open a menu called 'Plant Tool Preferences', but instead opened a menu called 'Advanced Plant Preferences'...

...a menu that although not named 'plant tool preferences' was in-fact the 'Plant Tool's preferences.

Vectorwork's baroque naming schemes now hardly cause me to shudder at all.

@jeff prince yes, the plant styles menu has grown and changed considerably - with, as far as I can tell, no documentation to go along with it...

The problem is that with the default settings I have right now - ALL plant objects are placed at 10' spread and 15' height.

Oak trees and Lavenders are placed at the exact same size!

This means that every time I use the Plant Tool I have to manually choose the size and spread (and spacing).

This cannot be the intention.

I'm sure there is a way to set the tool to "use plant style", it's just not the way we did it in 2021.

Hopefully someone that has figured this out will enlighten me!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...