Connectcad/spotlight settings : Grid SIZE better way

Ben3B

Hello I'm using connect cad and spotlight, 
In the connectcad start up guide they say to put the grid size to 4mm.

So I drew  all my symbol in the connectcad template who is with a grid size at 4mm.

But Now I draw my schematic diagram in spotlite file who have not the same grid size, that's why (I think ) I have problem with wire, because my connector arent always on the grid ...
So what settings you think I must sert ? 5mm ? woh is a multiple of 10 100 1000  (I draw in spotlite in m/cm)

And Have I to edit all my symbols with that grid settings to above problems ?

Thanks a lot

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Conrad Preen said:

Could you PM me the file so I can see?

I just sent it (i sorry I thought i sent it)
So I try to be organised , and I make a new file with all my devices inseide, So I ask my self on the better way for dev label/ scale / snap grid ...

If I understand well, the device will always be the same size as tI drew them, doesn't matter of the scale of the file where I import them ...

So If I draw them on scale 1/1 snap 4mm, the default device builder will draw a  24mm*16 rectangle 

So If I draw them on scale 1/25 snap 50mm, the default device builder will draw a  300mm*200 rectangle 

So If I draw them on scale 1/50 snap 100mm, the default device builder will draw a  600mm*400 rectangle 

So the three are 1.5 ratio, But if I Use connectcad in a spotlight environnement , it's better to draw it on 1/25 or 1/50 scale, by the way I can insert schematic device in spotlight drawings ...

I'm a bit confused... I have (and want) to take time to "redraw" all my device but I want to have a good start 🙂 

Thanks for your help 

(I will send it to the french support too, but it took time to have an answer) 

image.thumb.png.f84989323b9ad4021d894863da765825.png

Edited by Ben59