Title bloc manager will not update Sheet Style

Patrick Fritsch

Question

So this seams like a bug for me, if you try to use the "Title Bloc Manager" to update the Sheet Style to use another style (top left drop down) the Title Bloc component updates but the Sheet Size and Border remains unchanged. Oddly the OIP shows the newly selected Sheet Style name. But if you go to the newly selected Sheet Style and edit to check if the border is controlled by "style" and not object, upon exit the sheet updates correctly.

Has this been submitted as a BUG yet, it's kinda a big reason to use the new Title Bloc Manager?

Thanks

Edited by Patrick Fritsch
  • Like 1

11 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, Patrick Fritsch said:

So this seams like a bug for me, if you try to use the "Title Bloc Manager" to update the Sheet Style to use another style (top left drop down) the Title Bloc component updates but the Sheet Size and Border remains unchanged. Oddly the OIP shows the newly selected Sheet Style name. But if you go to the newly selected Sheet Style and edit to check if the border is controlled by "style" and not object, upon exit the sheet updates correctly.

Has this been submitted as a BUG yet, it's kinda a big reason to use the new Title Bloc Manager?

Thanks

Hello @Patrick Fritsch,

There is no such bug submitted. Thanks for reporting it, we will work on a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can use the script attached in this VW2022 file to update all TBBs in your file from their styles, so that they are all up to date.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

UpdateTBBsFromStyles.vwx

• Like 1
On 11/18/2021 at 7:42 PM, Patrick Fritsch said:

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov Another thing that would be nice to make the sheet management complete, would be to find a way to enable the "page setup" in the "Sheet Layer" to get tied to  the "sheet size" in the "Title Bloc Style"...Full automatic sync when switching sheets!

- If you set up your Sheet Size in the TBB to be Fit to Printable Area or Fit to Page it should get exactly what you are looking for, if I am not wrong.

@Nikolay ZhelyazkovNot quite, as Visually the sheet will not be resized until you edit the page setup in the "Sheet Layer"  so I would just be shifting the setup work elsewhere and not automating. What I think need to be done is flip it! Add a "fit to page" option in the "Sheet Layer" page setup options so that everything is controlled by the "Sheet Style". I think this is a legacy quirk as "Sheet Styles" are fairly recent.

30 minutes ago, Patrick Fritsch said:

@Nikolay ZhelyazkovNot quite, as Visually the sheet will not be resized until you edit the page setup in the "Sheet Layer"  so I would just be shifting the setup work elsewhere and not automating. What I think need to be done is flip it! Add a "fit to page" option in the "Sheet Layer" page setup options so that everything is controlled by the "Sheet Style". I think this is a legacy quirk as "Sheet Styles" are fairly recent.

- So you would like to have the Title Block Sheet Size control the Page Size of the Sheet Layer? Or am I getting something wrong?

Unfortunately this is currently not possible. Currently you can only have the TBB Sheet Size set to any of the Fit to Page/Printable Area options and make the TBB always match the layer's page size.

You can add a wishlist item in the wishlist tread with what you need as a workflow, so that we have it in our database and we can consider it.