overhead doors

welshpe

Anyone know how to get an arched top overhead door? The silly "transom" button gets turned on whenever the segmented top is chosen. The door does not extend into the transom area, and there seems to be no way to give the transom a "style" to try and trick the drawing to think the door may extend into the transom. This "trickery" seems to be a pat answer from VW when the program doesn't do what one would expect a program like VW to do!!! I believe their term is "workaround"?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Welshpe, you raise a good point. Visiting the Overhead Door Corp website, they show a picture of one of their lines of custom premium doors in an arched opening. I will report this as a bug, and I'm forwarding a copy of this conversation to the engineer who is working on doors, so he will put this capability in in a future version.

Thanks for the quick response. We are actually extruding panels to simulate an overhead door behind the cased opening. Seems like this problem was corrected for simple swing doors and cased openings back in Feb 2003. Hopefully it won't need to wait for a program update.