Referenced viewports

Hey,

I am currently facing a little issue and wonder if maybe I am (hopefully) missing something.

I am currently working on a massive project, and to make to project more workable I have divided in multiples documents. In our case each unit type has their document. I have referenced them back in the main documents.

Each of those references document have their own class/layer visibility, which means that I need to duplicate them whenever I would like to see different info of this reference file , in my case all the RCP informations (that are on a hidden class when we see the plan one).

Is there anyway to ask the refence viewports to follow the current class visibility of the main folder? I feel like duplicating viewport will start to make my file even more heavier than before.

Thanks

I might not understand what you are asking but I think you are looking for a way to copy class visibilities from a viewport in one Vectorworks document to a viewport in another Vectorworks document?

If so I would suggest the Eyedropper Tool in the Basic Tools Palette. In the Eyedropper Preferences Menu you can select various viewport attributes that can be copied across Vectorworks documents.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 5.54.47 PM.png

7 hours ago, Gregovitch said:

Hey,

I am currently facing a little issue and wonder if maybe I am (hopefully) missing something.

I am currently working on a massive project, and to make to project more workable I have divided in multiples documents. In our case each unit type has their document. I have referenced them back in the main documents.

Each of those references document have their own class/layer visibility, which means that I need to duplicate them whenever I would like to see different info of this reference file , in my case all the RCP informations (that are on a hidden class when we see the plan one).

Is there anyway to ask the refence viewports to follow the current class visibility of the main folder? I feel like duplicating viewport will start to make my file even more heavier than before.

Thanks

@Gregovitch is this the same thing I was asking here?:

• Like 1