Prolyte truss corners no longer offer all 4 planes when connecting

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I just did a quick check and  found the issue, the new truss magnets have not been set correctly to allow connections in all 4 possible directions.
The content team have been notified and are working to correct the truss library, in the mean time you can fix this yourself by editing the magnets in the corner symbol, so you can keep working.

import the symbol definition into your file resources

right click on it and in the context menu choose edit 3D component

once in the editing mode group select all the truss magnets with the select similar tool (they are in their own class)

and in the properties look for the allow extra roll angle drop-down

open it and choose the 90°, 180°, 270° option

exit the symbol

once this has been done it should behave correctly,

The final thing to do is to save the edited symbol to your user or workgroup folder so that you don't need to do this again for the next project.

Thanks.

New to truss magnets.

Perhaps you can clear up a resultant query from the fix above?

I've set the magnets on a box corner to be gendered so that when I attach the ATT spacers they always sit in the correct orientation.  However, if I add the ATT to the top face of the box corner it creates a new symbol for the rotated ATT which does not have the same gendered magnet properties.  See below:

377827640_Screenshot2021-11-10at15_39_05.thumb.png.408140dd7b82d765491db539bd6b016d.png